Friday, November 4, 2011

In Time

So I went to see that new movie In Time yesterday.  I thought the premise was really interesting.  In the movie, everyone is genetically engineered to stop aging at 25.  When you hit 25, you have just one more year to live unless you can get more "time" which people do by whatever means possible: working, stealing it, beg whatever.  Time is literally the currency.  The rich can live forever.

Cool premise, right?  Justin Timberlake was the main dude and he was fine at the acting.  (Obvi I would prefer him singing instead but he's pretty much given that up).  I'm not an Amanda Seyfried fan but I love Cillian Murphy, who was the villain.  Over all the movie was okay; there were waaay too many "time" puns so the writing could have been way better.

Why I wanted to see In Time was because it was a very original concept.  I thought maybe it was a book first, it seems like it would be a sweet book, but I haven't been able to find anything about it being based off a book.  There was definitely a lot of world building since it's kind of uptopian (or dystopian depending on which part of town you were from) so I could totally see it as a book.  So I was pretty impressed with Hollywood and coming up with such an original concept.  If they could have just made the writing better it would have been a much better film.  But it was a good try.

No comments:

Post a Comment