Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Revisions and Goals update

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.  I didn't eat nearly enough mashed potatoes but that's probably for the better...

Anywho, I did get a fair amount of revision done over the holiday.  Picking lofty goals actually makes me strive to complete them.  I'm not one of those people who set the goal low just so that I can make it; I want to push myself and if I don't make my goal every time, I'm okay with that.  So I got more revisions done than I thought I would, but I did less than I wanted.  And I haven't done anything since, lol.  Work has been hectic, trying to catch up with the holiday vacation/time-off, so every night so far this week I've been left exhausted and just wanting to veg out with the TV.  Plus it was The Sing-Off season finale, so I got a little distracted...

It's always nice to be able to cross things off your list.  Tons of lists are strewn about my apartment and my office about everything.  Sometimes I add stuff I already did just so I can cross it off.  (I know you all do that too...)  So it was nice to be able to cross off a bunch of chapter revisions.  I'm about 1/3 done so I think I'll be able to make my goal of the end of the year.  This weekend is looking relatively free so I'm hoping to buckle down and finish what I wanted to finish over Thanksgiving plus a few extra chapters.  I may even be able to sneak in a trip to the movies since I still haven't seen the latest Twilight... but only if I finish my goals, right?  Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment