Friday, December 16, 2011

The Best Fix-it Ever

Ever have a day where you're plugging along in revisions -- you totally know how you're going to fix that annoying plot hole, and then realize you just created another plot hole?  Ugh, that was me two days ago.  I was so excited to fix the first plot hole; I had it all planned out in my head.  Then when I actually got to my computer I realized I would have to change everrrrything.  It just didn't flow with the story.  So I took the rest of the night off to just think.  I kept thinking, throwing around a few ideas in my head but nothing seemed right.  I decided to just go to bed and figure it out in the morning.  When I woke up, I had the perfect way to fix it!  I feel like a lot of times, I just need to sleep on it and the I wake up and *poof*, perfect explanation.

On the other hand, it's been a bunch of weeks since I've started thinking about how to fix my magic system and I haven't figured out anything perfect yet.  I probably just need to sleep on it for a few more days.  (Sleep until it's finally vacation?)  Zzzzzz.


No comments:

Post a Comment