Friday, December 23, 2011

New Goals

I love making goals. Much like my affinity to list-making, they follow kinda the same principles.  It's so satisfying, crossing something of your list, the same way it is with meeting a goal, especially if that goal was really challenging.  (Striving!  Pushing through!  Pep talks!)  I think I'm going to make my goal, though I've been feeling pretty burnt lately.  I have about 20/30 pages to revise before the New Year.  Hoo-rah!  

The only thing is, I rewrote so much in the last 1/4 of the book, I think I have to revise those again.  I am a little bit of a perfectionist (if there is a such thing as a little bit of a perfectionist...) and I want to make sure everything gets a real revision before I send it to CPs.  Seeing as I rewrote about a 1/4 of it, it didn't get any revisions; it was just new writing.  And the ending is the most important part so I need to make sure everything makes sense and that I answered all the big questions.  So I'm going to set another goal.  The end of the year is still the goal for 1st pass revisions, but I'm going to give myself until the start of the new semester, Jan 15th, to revise the last newly written part.  I think this is doable, since I have time off between Christmas and New Year's to get a head start on everything. 

This will be my last post until the New Year.  (I will be stuck without internet for most of break, oh the agonyyyy!)  Hope ya'll have a happy holiday!

PS. For some reason, the clock on this blog is wrong.  It keeps saying I post at like 6 am, which is definitely not something I would do.  My computer clock is the correct time though.  Anyone have ideas on how to change it?

No comments:

Post a Comment