Monday, January 23, 2012

The Secret Hour

Has anyone read the Midnighters series by Scott Westerfeld?  First of all, I love his books; the Uglies series is a fantastic fantasy series (which I talked about in one of my last posts) and his new series, Levithan, is an awesome alternate history series filled with mistaken identity and a clever twist on Nature vs Machines.  I recommend him always but back to the Midnighters.  The first book, called the Secret Hour, is about a group of people who have have an extra hour each night at midnight while everyone else is frozen.  They do all sorts of things during that hour, fight evil creatures, fly around the sky, hang out.  Imagine having an extra hour every day?  What would you do with it?

I'd probably do a lot of mundane things that I couldn't fit into the regular day: laundry, sleep, finishing what I'm currently reading so that I wouldn't be distracted while I wrote for myself (or visa versa).  I could definitely use that 25th hour in a day, especially this week.  Oh well.  I guess for now I'll just keep plugging along!

No comments:

Post a Comment