Friday, February 3, 2012

Making Time

This week has been one of those weeks that went by in a blur.  What did I even do this week?  Admittedly, I am a pretty busy person.  I play Ultimate frisbee three times a week to exercise. I started taking bass lessons again since I haven't played in a few years.  I've had multiple doctor appointments to see what's wrong with my knee (so that I can play more frisbee).  I chill and watch (too much) TV with The Boy.  And then there's all the writing and reading I do.  So yeah, making time for writing is hard, but it's still doable.

I was talking to some people in my critique groups, all of whom are very busy with their day jobs.  And something to remember is, even if you can't give a lot of time every day, you always have time for 15 minutes of writing/editing.  At least do 15 minutes every day.  Do it during your lunch break, while you're waiting for your cereal to get soggy (yes that's me), while you're waiting for your train or wake up 15 minutes earlier. 

Whatever it is, there is always time for 15 minutes every dayEvery day are the key words.  That is not a lot of time.  Obviously, spending more time is preferable but some days that's just not a reality.  There are some days I'm just so busy that I think I can't fit anything else in, but 15 minutes never seems ridiculous.  Or should never seem ridiculous.

At some point, something may have to give.  I'm starting to think my sleep schedule might be the thing, since I don't want to give anything else up.  So we'll see how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment