Wednesday, February 22, 2012

podcasts

There are a lot of writing help/advice blogs out there.  (Thankfully!)  I've perused many, taken notes and really used them to my advantage, trying to learn a lot about writing and the industry.  Blogs are great because you can read them multiple times, skip to the topics that are most important to you, and even come back and search and find the information that you remembered reading but couldn't remember exactly where it is.  I have a TON of bookmarks with writers' blogs, advice blogs, writer's digest help, and industry tips.  My list is getting long and it's awesome!

But something else I enjoy are podcasts.  I especially like Writing Excuses.  They've helped me so many times with specific aspects of my book, and have also helped writer friends with theirs.  And they have so many topics to choose from!  (They've been doing it for awhile).  I look forward to their new posts every week.  I like Writing Excuses because the podcasts are only 15 minutes long.  I've tried to listen to longer podcasts, but sometimes I just don't have time for it, or the pacing is slow and I get distracted by shiny things.  With WE, they're funny and entertaining (and sometimes go off topic for a little while), but also really get to the crux of the problem/topic.

The first one that I found really helpful was their writing romance 'cast, which is a pretty imperative topic if you're writing YA.  I definitely recommend checking them out!

Do you have any podcasts you listen to for writing advice?  Let me know, 'cause I would def check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment