Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lucky 7 Meme

Yep, Meme-ing it up today thanks to Amanda Olivieri!

Here are the rules:

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy down the next 7 lines/sentences, and post them as they're written. No cheating.
4. Tag 7 other writers. 




Cool?  Cool.  Obligatory pre-ramble: I'm not finished revising, but that's what you get with a WiP.

Sun streamed in through the cracks in the cave walls, poking my eyes awake.  The rays of light criss-crossed, illuminating different areas of the cave.  Dust bunnies danced in the beams, like the light of a movie projector.  I tried to sit up and instantly regretted it, letting out a soft groan.
"Elle, don't move," Brodie said, kneeling close to me.  "You'll only make the pain worse."
The cave spun and I slid back down, trying to focus on something solid like the cave walls.  They had little picture-type etchings, like hieroglyphs, running along the edges of the stone.  The rays of sun highlighted various markings, but with the agonizing pain in my shoulder I couldn't focus.


There you go!  Consider yourself tagged!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I want to read more! Raises so many questions--why is she hurt? What are they doing in a cave? Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! My favorite line: Dust bunnies danced in the beams, like the light of a movie projector. So good!

    ReplyDelete