Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Update

So here's a Monday update.

Finished a fair amount of revisions over the weekend.  Always wish I could do more, but my brain doesn't function late at night.  (Had the same problem in college.  I've never pulled an all-nighter.)  I'm about 2/3 done revisions, which is farther behind than I'd like.  I was hoping to be finished these revisions by March 8th, in time for my critique group, but alas, I'm running behind schedule.  Still toying with the idea of cutting my flash-forward.  Might give to some CPs and see what they think, but I think the overall consensus in the writing world is to cut prologues/prefaces/flash-forwards.  I like the idea of cutting it, but I'm just wondering if I need more set-up for the rest of the novel.

Joined Pinterest.  Totally addicting just like everyone else says.  BUT great for maintaining photo inspiration for books.  Check out Code of the Firefly's board here.

The Boy's ACL surgery is schedule for Friday the 16th.  I hate hospitals.  And needles.  And blood.  I literally almost fainted when I got my ears pierced.  Twice.  But I'm being a good girlfriend and taking him.  Totes bringing my laptop so I can spend all day getting some more much needed revisions done.  Making a bad thing into a good thing, right?

How was everyone else's weekend?

2 comments:

  1. My brain stops working at night, too! Best of luck getting all your revisions done in time. And I wish you even more luck in the fainting department when you take him for the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish I was one of those people who could stay up and function all night. Would make things so much easier. Thanks for the luck on both accounts! (I'll def need it...)

      Delete