Monday, March 12, 2012

To tweet or not to tweet?

So I have a twitter.  Yeah, a lot of people do, Steph.  What are you getting at?  I don't use it that much.  It could be because I don't have a smart phone.  No smart phone?  How do you live??  Well, hopefully that will be changing soon.  Anywho.

I know a lot of writers tweet.  It's a good way to connect with people who ordinarily you wouldn't be able to.  It's short sentences.  I totally get it.

I don't have my twitter linked to the blog for a few reasons.  The first being I don't tweet a lot, as I already said.  The second being, I don't tweet a lot about writing.  I follow a bunch of writers and agencies, but the whole interaction thing is hard for me.  I do tweet about writing.  But I also tweet about food, Ultimate, parties, and general stuff.  That's why I haven't linked my twitter to the blog.  Though I guess even published authors don't tweet only about writing.  Maybe I'll be more inclined to tweet and post pics when I have a smart phone.  Maybe I'll reply to more writers and agents because I'll have an easy way to follow them every day.  I'm definitely interested in connecting with other writers and this seems like the best way to do it.

Why do you like twitter?  What do you use it for?  What made you decide to link twitter to your blog?  I'm generally interested in why and how everyone uses it.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Twitter! It's a great way to meet other writers because the community there is huge. I don't just tweet about writing and neither do the writers I follow, so don't worry about that :) I definitely think that having a smart phone makes it more convenient, at least for me, but it's definitely not necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the iphone app because it lets you continue reading where you left off, which is what I don't like about the web page version. I get lost with all the people who tweet a hundred times a day because I can only check it when I get home from work and am therefore behind on all the conversations. BUT I am getting a smart phone this week, so I will hopefully be able to start following and tweeting a lot more!

      Delete
  2. I just started tweeting and had the same concerns you did. So far, it's pretty interesting. The best part of it, for me, is getting all the great links to great blog articles about writing. I'm not so interested in what agents and editors are eating for lunch, but they do come up with some fantastic links.

    I also can't understand the people who tweet like a hundred times a day. I would never have the time or energy to do that. I def think the smart phone is an advantage. I almost only check twitter when I'm in line at the grocery, sitting in traffic, etc. I almost never check it at home.

    You'll see, a smart phone will change everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely excited to have a convenient way to follow everyone (and have more access to the writing world). The desktop website isn't very good at that and can't wait to get my smart phone (Sunday!)

      Delete