Friday, March 9, 2012

Writing Events!

For all ya'll writers in the Philadelphia area, I wanted to give you a heads up on two events.  This Sunday, 3/11 from 12-3, The Liars Club, will be hosting their first Philadelphia Writer's Coffee House in the Rittenhouse Barnes and Noble.  Yay for having it in my neck of the woods finally!  It's a free series about networking, business and the craft of writing for established and new writers.  It's also led by two of my writing teachers and fabulous authors, Jonathan Maberry and Marie Lamba, along with the other members of The Liars Club, who I'm sure are just as fabulous.  If you're in the area, check it out. Sign up here so they make sure they'll have space.  You'll probably find me lurking in the corners, trying not to disturb anyone, since I will [unfortunately] be showing up late.

Another one of my writing professors and another fabulous author, Melissa Jensen, will be at the UPenn Barnes and Noble at 36th and Walnut on Wednesday, 3/21 at 6pm.  It's the only appearance she's scheduled in Philly before the summer.  She will be sharing tips and advice for the up-and-coming Young Adult-genre, writing for the YA market, books, and the writing life.

If you're in Philly, go see them!  I will be.  Jon, Marie and Melissa are all wonderful people and authors, and always have time to give advice to aspiring writers.  I learned so much from them in the few classes I took and would definitely recommend going to their chats.

Plus they will be signing their books afterward, so whether you like zombies, or contemporary YA, there's a book for you.

1 comment: