Monday, April 9, 2012

Novel #2

So I am back from vacation... finally.  I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation though.  I made my goal of finishing the first draft revisions before vacation started and sent it out for critiques so I feel like I actually accomplished something!  It's a great feeling, right?

So I'm starting on Novel #2.  I said I was going to outline this novel before I begin writing, so that I don't make the mistakes I did last time.  But it's very different than what I'm used to.  It's weird to not be writing and to just be brainstorming.  I feel like I'm not accomplishing anything, but I know this is for the better, because otherwise it will take me forever to revise and fix all the problems that I made when I didn't have an outline.

So I'm forcing myself to outline.  And I also seem to be brainstorming about secret messages again, which is cool.  Secret messages are always fun, right?

I hope everyone had a good holiday!

5 comments:

  1. I feel like we have the same brain when it comes to outlining. That's exactly how I feel--like I'm wasting time when I could be writing. But I told myself the same thing. Next book, I'm totally outlining first, haha. Good luck, it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Also--congrats on finishing revisions!! Woooo!! :D

      Delete
    2. Outlining seems like a good idea but it's haaard, lol. I really have to make time for myself just to think because otherwise I won't do it and then I feel like I'm wasting time. I just want to write! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, I hope you don't mind me stopping in--I saw a comment in which you referred to your book as a "light fantasy," which is also how I describe my book, so... anyway...

    Congratulations on finishing your first novel! I think writing an outline isn't necessarily the best way to go. I do write them, but as a sort of guide. But I like to let my characters take over, and sometimes they do the exact opposite of what the outline says. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know when I write this outline that I'm definitely going to deviate from it when I start to write the actual novel. I think it's inevitable :) but I do want something to kind of guide me. Thanks for stopping by, Rachel!

      Delete