Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Update

How was everyone's weekend?

I went to the first ever Professional Ultimate frisbee game.  The league (AUDL (American Ultimate Disc League)) just started this year in 8 cities and Philadelphia was one of them!  So 1700+ of us fans went to Franklin Field at UPenn to watch the game vs Buffalo.  It was really fun to see so many Ultimate fans and the game played in such a big stadium.  So it's a very big time for the Ultimate community.

I also got a lot of outlining done, thankfully.  I might be able to actually start writing in a few days which I'm super excited about.  I'm loving this new concept and think it could turn into a really cool story.  (More secret messages!)  I'm still sorting out my characters a little bit, but I have their motivations, so I think the rest could just come as the story unfolds.

I haven't made a decision about grad school yet.  I'm having a really hard time deciding.  It's either go to Boston for the summer through the school year (but I don't have a place to live yet) or stay in Philly and start grad school in January (which will take me until the following yr to graduate).  Philly would be [much] cheaper but longer, while Boston will be shorter and I'd get to finally be back in Boston with my friends, thought I still don't have an apartment.  I really want to be done grad school in a year because I want to start teaching and not be in an in-between state for much longer in my life.  I have to decide like ASAP so I'm trying my best not to freak out.  (I've never been indecisive before and I'm not sure how to handle it...)  I've given myself til Wednesday to decide so hopefully then I'll feel a little better.

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment