Thursday, July 26, 2012

To be finished revisions

So today is the day I'm going to finish revisions.  I have 20 pages left but a lot to do in those 20 pages.  After that, it gets one more read-through and then it's off to (hopefully the final round) of CPs.  I've been working on this book in earnest since March 2011 (with dribbles before that).  While I love COTF, I'm ready to be done.  I don't want to get stuck on this book and never be able to move on.  But I also don't want to finish it without it being the best book it can be.  I want it to be complete.  So depending on the feedback I get, I may have another round of revisions on my hands, but at some point I have to say enough is enough.

I started drafting a second MS a while ago, and I'd like to be able to get back to it.  (I'm the type of person who can only focus on one project at a time).  It's different from COTF, but still me, and I love it.  It has its own problems but I'm excited to be focusing on something different.

So that's why today I must finish this draft.  I go on vacation tonight, so I'm hoping to finish before then.  Otherwise I'll be lounging by the pool with my laptop in hand :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, best of luck! Very exciting place to be. Hope vacation was amazing, I'd love to hear all about it!

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete