Monday, August 6, 2012

finished revisions (for now)

Guys, I did it.  I finally finished the latest round of revisions for COTF.  I am so excited!  It's been hurting my brain, looking at that MS for so long.  It's now in good hands awaiting more feedback and more revisions.

I'm starting up again my second MS, The Disloyalty of Colors, but I'm kinda nervous about it.  I put it aside while I was doing revisions for COTF and haven't looked at it in a few months.  I'm not sure if I remember the story.  I will definitely have to look for my notes.  How does everyone get back into a MS that they put aside for awhile but haven't completed?  Any tips out there?  I feel like I'll have to read through everything I have so that I am up to speed with where I am, but that might take a while.  I wonder if that's the best way to go about things.

Either way, I'm excited to get back into drafting, since my brain can definitely use a break from revisions.

8 comments:

  1. I love the feeling of handing off revisions! my only advice is to read what you've written and ponder upon the characters until you're able to get into their heads again. Good luck!

    (p.s. just wanted to let you know that you have word verification turned on. It's the default setting so a lot of blogger's don't know they have it. To turn it off read my post here - http://j-a-bennett.blogspot.com/2012/02/how-to-turn-off-word-verfication-on.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great feeling! And thanks for the info! I just turned off word verification (didn't know if was on!) so hopefully now it will be less annoying :)

      Delete
  2. I say definitely read back what you've written so you know where you were at and can get back into the mindset of the story. So exciting :) Did you plot/beat sheet this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't beat-sheeted (which is now a verb) but I did plot a bunch, so I'm going back over my notes now :)

      Delete
  3. You're amazing!! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on finishing the initial revisions!

    Whenever I return to a project I haven't written in a while, I always end up having to go over all my notes and then read whatever I've written so I can have a sort of jumping off point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I def have to read over everything again. I made a lot of notes, so it might take a few days, which always makes me antsy because I just want to write! (But I know it's for the better :) )

      Delete