Friday, November 16, 2012

Review of Wreck-It Ralph

Cuatro (the bf) and I went to see Wreck-It Ralph last Thursday.  (For those in West Philly, The Rave theater has $5 tickets all day, or $8 for 3D).  We both that it was sooo good.

Here's the summary from IMDB.
A video game villain wants to be a hero and sets out to fulfill his dream, but his quest brings havoc to the whole arcade where he lives.

Basically he wants to become a "good guy" by winning a medal.  Shenanigans ensue and he ends up going to various games to bring back his medal.

I really did love everything about this movie.  Ralph was such a good character, and the other minor and major characters were also complex.  The plot had some twists and surprises but was still very easy to follow (I mean it is a kid's movie).  The video game worlds were either based off of familiar ones, or were actual games.  The one racing world, was kind of like Mario Kart, but it was based on candy (called "Sugar Rush"), and seeing everything made of sweets was really cool.  At one point they even built a racing car made of candy at the factory.  It was all pretty inventive.

We also saw it in 3D which was AWESOME.  I usually don't like 3D, but I think it's much better for animated movies.  We were commenting on how we could see the texture on Ralph's overalls, which was a little bit mind-blowing for us.  We didn't expect the animation to be that good or that real.

I absolutely recommend this movie!!  Def go see it if you have time.

4 comments:

  1. I want to see this!! It looks so cute. I'll probably wait for it to come out on Netflix, though. Also, your movie theater is WAY better than mine. $5 tickets?? That's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also $5 Mon-Wed depending on your college ID (for the colleges in the area). It's just I have class M-Thur, so I usually can't go, but I try to get there whenever possible because I just LOVE the movies!

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh! I'm going to see this next Wednesday! So excited now.

    ReplyDelete