Monday, December 3, 2012

Skyfall - James Bond

I'm a little late on this review as I went to see it some weeks ago.  But better late than never, right?  I've heard a lot of good things about this movie, so I was pretty hyped up.  I love James Bond, action movies, and stylistic settings, so I thought this was going to be awesome.  And while I liked it, I think maybe everyone else hyped it up too much for me.

The different settings were amazing.  Bond traveled to Turkey (we had shots of the Bazaar and the Haggia Sophia which are beautiful), to Shanghai with bright lights and the scene in the clear building, to Macau with the float lights on the sea.  So the settings and scenery were very picturesque  and those parts were probably some of my favorites.  And Javier Bardem was brilliant as a villain   Creepy, crazy, and sinister, but in such a way that it wasn't over the top but was over the top.  (Okay, I know that makes no sense).  The scene when we first meet him, and Bond is the chair (you'll know what I mean when you see it), loved it, lol.

For me, I absolutely loved the first half.  But as soon as they got to Skyfall (Bond's supposed childhood town -- as if that could ever be the real name of a town,) I felt a little let down.  The explosions and frozen lake were great, but it felt less climatic to me than the first part of the movie.  If they had done the Skyfall bit first, and ended with the subway scene (again, you'll know it when you see it), that would have been so much more climatic and awesome.  I just think it kind of stagnated a little at the end.

If you like action movies, obvi you have to see the latest James Bond.  There were some really cool scenes that made it worth seeing, but I guess I just didn't like as much as everyone else.  But I still did like it.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm also afraid of it being too hyped up for me to enjoy. We'll just have to see :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's always a worry of mine! I never want to get let down. And while this wasn't quite a let down, I think they could have just restructured it and made it even better.

      Delete
  2. Some movies get so hyped up, they cannot possibly live up to it. The only movie that receive impossible hype this year and lived up to it was The Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Skyfall some times ago and i think that is really good. I looove this movie :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skyfall = Dark knight + Home Alone. It was pretty good. Also, I don't think he hit Hong Kong, but Shanghai and Macau. (I'm surprised you are not more obsessed with the Asianess of it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, how did I mess that up?? I will fix that now. You would think I would know this!

      Delete