Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolutions

Welp, it's that time of year again: resolutions.  I like this time because they're just goals, and I love goals.  It gives me something to strive for.

Last year I had a lot of resolutions.  I finished some of them, others not so much.  But that's okay.  I can add them to this year's list.  Here it goes.

1) Query Code of the Fireflies - I'm on my last round of revisions (hopefully), so I'm hoping to query in Feb.
2) Revise the Disloyalty of Colors - I finished a draft zero, so this one needs *a lot* of work.  I'm thinking querying in November probably.
3) Start MS #3.  I have two ideas that have been floating around in my brain.  I'd like to get first drafts of both of them written, but I don't know if that will happen.  I want to make good outlines this time around, since both of the previous MSs were so messy.
4) Write more. - This one's simple.  To do all of the above, I have to write more.  That means make time, and not just let it fall into my lap.  This semester is going to be crazy again, but I have no classes over the summer.  That means time to just write.  But if I can make time during the semester, I'll feel like I can write no matter how busy I am.  So that's what I'm hoping for.

And non-writing resolutions.
5) To exercise more - Not just exercise more, but to make a schedule and stick with it.  I have class Mondays and Thursdays, so I want to run on Tuesdays and Fridays (even if it's cold) and go to the gym on Wednesdays.  Hold me to it!

So those are my resolutions.  Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

  1. They sound great, Steph. I definitely need to exercise more (and burn off all the chocolates I ate over the holidays!) so I agree with you there. Good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I think as long as I start a routine I'll be able to keep them :)

      Delete
  2. Happy new year to you! I love your goals, I bet this year will be amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm hoping this year will be great!

      Delete