Friday, March 22, 2013

What to write next?

Guys, first off, this is my third post this week.  Who is this person and what did they do with Steph?

Anywho, now that I've finished TDoC, it's on to the next project.  But what should I write next?  That really *is* the question.

There's been a few ideas swirling around my head for a while.  The one that's been around the longest is a music/band idea, but it's pretty generic, so I've pretty much shelved it for later.  The next one, I have this fantasy setting in my head that I want to use, but I don't have a plot or characters.  The third one is contemporary, which I've never tried before, but it's almost fully formed.  I know most of the characters, the plot, and the setting.  But it's New Adult.  And it's sad.  Like, really sad.  And so so different from what I've written in the past.

So which do I pick?  I already started plotting out the NA one, but I don't know if I want to take the time to write it all if it's not marketable.  I don't want to shoot myself in the foot before I've even started, ya know?  Maybe I should plot the fantasy one out and see which one is pulling me in.  I feel like my heart is in the NA one, mostly because I already know where it's going and who the characters are, but the fantasy setting is looking so good in my head right now (and also on my Pinterest page)...

2 comments:

  1. NA is getting a lot of attention right now, so I don't think you need to worry about it being marketable. And if it's what's pulling at you WRITE IT. Or you can write 5k or 10k, see how it goes, and then decide if you want to continue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's true. I can always see how it goes and then start something else if I'm not feeling it :)

      Delete