Sunday, August 4, 2013

#wipMarathon Intro

So I finally finished the second round of revisions on my YA SF, so while that is out with CPs, I'm getting back to my NA wip.

MARATHON GOAL:
Ideally I'd like to finish the draft.  Right now it's at 18.5k and I think it will be about 50k, so 31.5k in all.  So about 1k a day.

STAGE OF WRITING:
This is the first draft, so I'm just trying to get words on the page as fast as possible!  I've heard a lot of good things about Write Or Die, so I'm thinking about trying that.

INSPIRATION:
Life, pretty much.  This wip is different than anything I've ever written because it's contemporary and it's NA.  It deals with life after college, loss of a parent, and how to move on when life has just started.  I've titled it WHAT BECOMES OF US.

WHAT MIGHT SLOW ME DOWN:
Work, doing revisions on my YA SF.  I've never been able to juggle two books at once, but I'm going to try if I have to, but I'd like to get WBoU done before I dive into revisions again.  We'll just have to wait and see!


5 comments:

  1. I love the title of your WIP!

    Go get 'em this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write or die is fun. :) And Written? Kitten! is fun, too. You can set it to show you a picture of a cat every 100, 200, 500, or 1000 words you write.

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!! I'm excited to get started :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find working on more than one thing tough too. Good luck and can't wait to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree on the above comments about juggling manuscripts- although I've done it successfully before -in a way it can be nice because it keeps things exciting.

    ReplyDelete