Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year's Resolutions A Day Late

So it is officially 2014.  *woohoo*

2013 was decent, but I never ended up querying like I thought I would.  And I'm totes okay with this.  I saw someone tweet the other day reminding herself it's not a race, and I had to remind myself of that too.  I saw another tweet that said don't query before you're ready just because of some goal you made, "to query before the new year", and I thought that was a really good thought too.

In 2013 I decided to shelve my first MS because it needs a total re-write and I just didn't have the energy to concentrate on it anymore.  I'll go back to it someday.  I concentrated on my second MS, THE DISLOYALTY OF COLORS, which I hope to query at some point, and wrote a "draft zero" of a third (which I will get back to after TDoC).  I learned a lot about myself writing wise and in life.

But now it's time to push forward, and that means resolutions.

I've been toying with the idea to start a vlog/YouTube channel, to kinda keep track of my experiences (in life and writing).  Writing is such a solitary endeavor that sometimes I forget just to go outside and do things.  So I thought vlogging/videoing it would be an interesting way to kinda remind myself to do things and also to create other art when I can no longer look at a screen.  I just want to make sure it doesn't fall apart when I get busy.

So those are my resolutions: write, read, video and create.  (Maybe throw some exercise in there too.)  What are yours?

5 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of YouTube, so if you want to start a channel you should go for it. As for querying, I've decided to wait as well. I have queried before, but I don't have any plans to query this year unless I'm 100% positive it's time to.

    Good luck with your goals, Steph. Happy New Year!

    I love the title of your MS by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YouTube is so scary, putting yourself out there and all, but I feel like it's the same way with writing! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. I've been there, it took me a solid two years to query anything. There's nothing wrong with moving on either. Cheers to an amazing 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome! I hope 2014 is great for both of us. And The Disloyalty of Colors...somehow that's just a really fascinating title :)

    Sarah Allen
    (From Sarah, with Joy)

    ReplyDelete