Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What's Up? (Wednesday)

Today I'm participating in What's Up Wednesday, a weekly writing blog hop to stay in touch, hosted by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk.

WHAT I'M READING
I just started AVALON by Mindee Arnett. I really enjoyed THE NIGHTMARE AFFAIR, so when I heard she was writing a YA SF, I knew I had to read it. So far I really like it, but I haven't had a lot of spare time (haha, spare time is a myth!) so I'm not too far in to it. But it totes hooked me by the first chapter, so I know I'm going to love it.

WHAT I'M WRITING
I'm... not writing anything right now. Currently querying TDoC, and I've been studying for my chem Praxis test, so writing's been on hold. I do have two SNIs, so I'm excited to finally start up again!

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW
This sounds pretty bad, but famous authors who've had multiple rejections. Being in the query trenches is hard, so knowing that there were other great authors who have gotten tons of rejections is keeping me going! And knowing it only takes ONE agent to say yes. *fingers crossed*

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO
Besides studying for chem, I'm job searching. (Anyone know of any bio or chem high school teaching jobs in Philly? eh? eh?) Also trying to get back into running after a brief hiatus. Summer League for Ultimate frisbee just started, so I have games two nights this week, which is awesome. It's so nice to play and be active after studying for weeks straight.


What have you been up to? Anything fun??

8 comments:

  1. Praxis in Chemistry sounds mind boggling difficult, to me at least. I'm sure you'll do fantastically. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Melanie! It was a bit difficult, lol, but I have my fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with querying and job hunting :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always encouraged by authors with multiple rejections under their belts too, so don't feel bad! It's so, so uplifting when you're in the query trenches. Hope that's going well for you! And SNIs are the best thing to keep a person going while querying. That's been my experience, anyway. Nothing like diverting your attention to a new project to help keep from stressing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I've been itching to start a new WiP and it's been killing me that I haven't been able to yet. I hope to start soon!!

      Delete
  4. It's always nice to hear how many authors were rejected countless times before they found their agent and/or got their book deal. It happens to most of us, and like you said, it only takes one! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Here's to that one! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete