Monday, July 28, 2014

Ready, Set, Write!

Today I'm participating in Ready. Set. Write., a summer blog hop set up by Jaime Morrow, Alison MillerKaty Upperman, and Erin Funk. You can head on over to any one of those blogs to participate and/or find out more. Every Monday, you can go to any one of those blogs and post a link to your check-in post. And don't forget to check out the other blogs!


1.  How I did on last week’s goals
Well this week is the first week I'm doing this! I just got back from a two week vacation (though I'm going away again in a week and a half) and I need a little bit of encouragement to get back into the swing of things.

2.  My goal(s) for this week
I wrote 3k during vacation, so my goal is 5k more, so 8k total. I have a lot to do this week, but I like making my goals challenging, so that even if I fail, I've still stretched myself.

3.  A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
The inciting incident: my two main characters discover their parents attacked a young boy and the MCs don't know why/can't believe it.

4.  The biggest challenge I faced this week
I'm thinking it will be a mix of being motivated (because I'm still in vacation mode) and finding time.

5.  Something I love about my WiP
I love the relationship between my two MCs. They're brother and sister (written from 2 POVs in 3rd person). I'm really loving discovering who they are and how close they are to each other.

10 comments:

  1. Welcome to Ready. Set. WRITE! So glad you've joined in and yes - this writing intensive has been AWESOME for productivity and motivation. At least for me. I hope you find the same!

    Also, I just finished a story (and am about to re-re-re-revise it, lol) about a brother and sister and I continue to love exploring their relationship. Good luck with yours and with your goals for the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I could use a bit of a kick in the pants so I'm crossing my fingers this helps, lol.

      Delete
  2. Welcome! And you wrote on vacation! Props. I never write on vacation.

    Best wishes on your goals this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe I actually did! I had a long plane flight so that helps a bit. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I'm intrigued by your inciting incident. I love a good brother/sister story. Good luck with your writing goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm very excited to start writing the POVs, especially since I don't have any siblings!

      Delete
  4. Character relationships are the bomb! I'm having a hard time getting motivated too! I was doing so good last week then I didn't write for two days and you can guess how that ended up. At least I wrote something today, even if it was only 100 words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100 words is better than nothing. I wrote nothing today, but am gearing myself up for tomorrow (fingers crossed, lol).

      Delete
  5. your story sounds amazing. I'm writing my first book in 3rd and for me it is so much harder than first. Congrats on getting work done even on vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's my first book in 3rd person as well and I'm really liking it so far, but def a different mind set!

      Delete