Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Writing Process Blog Tour

I was tagged by Melody Marshall, my awesome CP, to do the Writing Process Blog Tour. You can check out her blog here or follow her on Twitter (@Melody_Writes) if you like discussing Doctor Who as much as I do :)

What am I currently working on?

I just started my new WiP, a YA fantasy, inspired by music and the hanging gardens of Babylon. The working title is called THE HANGING GARDENS but that will definitely change because I want it have to do more with the music magick that's going on. I'm reusing an old idea I've had, but kind-of turning it on it's head. I'm also excited about the setting because I want to make it really atmospheric and a bit darker than the other MSs I've written.

How does my work differ from others from its genre?

My WiP has two main characters who are brother and sister, and told from their 2 POVs (from 3rd person). Usually with dual perspectives it's the MC and LI, so I'm excited to get brother/sister points of view.

Why do I write what I write?

I've always been attracted to the fantastical, so I tend to write about that. (I watch mostly SF/F/Paranormal TV shows too.) If I'm going to have to read it a gazillion times then I'm going to write something I like!

How does my individual writing process work?

Usually I'll fast draft the first draft which I call a "draft zero". I love revising, so this allows me to get to that stage right away. My draft zeros always need *a lot* of revising, but I get at least a bare-bones draft that allows me to see everything on the page instead of in my head. I try to write Monday-Friday at least 1k when I'm drafting (though this week that hasn't happened). Then when I've revised it a few times I'll send it to the first round of CPs (usually 2) then revise again and send to 2 more CPs.

Tag!

I tag my wonderful CP Aubrey Cann whose 1920s historical fantasy I absolutely loved and whose blog I always look forward to reading :) She lives all the way on the other coast, but last time I was there, we got to hang out and it was awesome!

4 comments:

  1. I love revising and writing bare-bones first drafts, too.

    And YAY for meeting CPs in real life! That must've been fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my fave way to write! And it was!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me :-)
    I swear I'll do my post soon(ish)!

    ReplyDelete