Monday, January 18, 2016

New Years Resolutions - A few weeks in

As many people do, I made New Year's resolutions. But many people don't follow through with them or tend to stop after a few weeks in because of fatigue or business or what-have-you. So I wanted to do a check in with my New Year's resolutions.

Exercise:
I think I've done better expected with this one. According to my handy wall schedule, I've played Ultimate frisbee almost every other day. This is all because I signed up for two leagues, but I've been sticking to it. I've also been going to a dance class every Saturday. This kills my body for the rest of the week, but it's really fun, and I can feel myself getting stronger. My arm workouts, I've done, but they are, as always, last minute things I forget about. But overall, done well in this category.

Writing:
Because of the above and because my story is so hard, I haven't been writing as much as I've wanted to. I've done okay at writing every day, but it hasn't been much. 250 words usually, 500 if I'm lucky. I just feel kinda stuck in the story. I don't really know where I'm going, so I've been putting it off, which isn't what I should be doing. My brain is also dead after school, so I haven't had enough time to really sort out the story. I've done a bunch of outlining, but it's still like pulling teeth every time I write. Anyone have any suggestions?

Blogging:
So far so good. Now I just have to keep up the pace.

Reading:
This actually has been harder for me because of the late night Ultimate games and early bed times. But I'm carving out some time for this, though it might impede my writing schedule. (Though maybe it will help to get the juices flowing.)

How have your New Year's resolutions been going?

No comments:

Post a Comment