Friday, December 30, 2016

My Year in Books 2016

My goal for this year was to read 35 books. For most of the year, I was trailing that goal by 4 or so books, but in the last few days I blew through a few (thanks to Kasie West's books being so good!) to end with a solid 34. So close! But here is my year in books. (Also a link to my Good Reads year in books.)

Of the 34 books:
Only 5 were by men.
22 were YA.
16 were SFF.

Some of my favorites were:
On The Fence by Kasie West
P.S. I Like You by Kasie West (I couldn't just choose one).
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

What I'm looking forward to in 2017:
Shadow Run by AdriAnne Strickland
Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab
A Conjuring of Light by V. E Schwab
Shadowcaster by Cinda Williams Chima

Things I've learned about my favorite authors:
I will forever read anything Kasie West writes. I loved her Pivot Point duology and then read The Distance Between Us and loved that, but somewhere in my reading, forgot how much I like contemporary. In the last week, I've read three of her books, (which helped me almost beat my goal for the year) and couldn't put any of them down.

As much as I try not to say it, I still love Cassandra Clare. I thought that the Shadow Hunter world would get old to me after two series, but I loved learning about Emma and Julian, and being in that world again. It was a long book, but I didn't want it to end. It pulled me in again as those books always have.

I've never read Alice and Wonderland, but after reading Heartless, it is in my TBR pile right at the top. I loved the way Marissa Meyer described her Wonderland, which made me want to read the source material.

What were some of your favorite books? Who are your go-to authors to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment